Respecting your privacy and protecting your personal data
Atlas collects information to understand your needs better. This helps us to improve our services and the way we communicate with you.
We know that privacy is important to you and we strive to be as open and transparent as possible in how we serve you. We conduct our business in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act (the “PDPA”) and have implemented additional measures to protect your personal information.
This Policy aims to help you understand how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information.
Ways we collect your personal information
We may collect your personal information when you:
- Register for Atlas products and services
- Sign up for alerts or newsletters
- Contact us with a question or request for help
- Participate in any rewards and promotions or surveys
- Visit the Atlas website
- Download, use and update Atlas mobile applications
The information we collect
The information we collect depends on the products and services you use and register for. Here are key examples:
- Your identity – This includes: your ID number, name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, as well as service-related information such as bank and credit card details, device ID and IP address.
- Your interaction with us – For example, a note or recording of a call you make to us, an email or letter you send to us or other records of any contact you have with us.
- Your account information – For example, the subscription services you use or other details related to your account.
- Information on your use of our services – For example, the peers and merchants you pay money to and receive money from and vice versa, as well as the amount, date and time of the transactions made.
- Your preferences – This is based on what you share with us on how you would like to be contacted, and your preferred products, services and lifestyle activities for example.
- Information from other organisations – These organisations can include business partners with whom we are working with on Atlas promotions, fraud-prevention agencies, business directories, credit reference agencies or individuals we believe you have authorised to provide your personal details on your behalf.
- Information relating to use of the Atlas application – These information facilitates our provision to you of the services through the Atlas applications where necessary. For example, access to location services to find merchants around you for your payments or deals, contact information (for peer to peer services), system tools, device ID and call information for security and verification purposes, access to selected media, photos and files designated by you relating to your profile or Atlas transactions, Wi-Fi connection and network communication (including NFC) information to allow use of Monaco services.
How we use your information
We may use your information for:
Provisioning & administration of services
- Process your orders and activate or deactivate services
- Enable us to process bills and payments
- Respond to enquiries and requests from you or people you have authorized
- Inform you about service upgrades, updates, advice and/or recommendations
- Provision to you of services through the Monaco application
Market research, network & service enhancement
- Conduct market research and customer satisfaction surveys to improve our customer service; develop new products, as well as personalise the services we offer you
- Perform market analysis
Sharing of rewards and benefits
- Offer rewards and promotions, and share promotional benefits and loyalty programs which you may qualify for
- Determining your eligibility for rewards and promotions
- Provide updates, offers, invitations to events and deliver relevant advertising, including through voice and SMS with your prior consent or if otherwise permitted under local laws and regulations
Security and risk management
- Inform you of service and security issues
- Prevent and detect fraud or other crimes and recover debts
- Conduct internal audits
- Ensure the safety and security of our properties and systems
- Conduct checks against money laundering, terrorism financing and related risks
Legal & regulatory requirements
- Meet legal, regulatory and other requirements including providing assistance to law enforcement, judicial and other government agencies
- Conduct anti-money laundering, suppression of terrorism financing and related checks
We will not use your personal data for purposes other than what we have informed you, or which are permitted under local laws and regulations.
We will not offer, publish or share your personal data with third parties for commercial purposes, without seeking your explicit permission.
Sharing your information
We may share your information with:
- Business partners and vendors we work with to deliver services you have registered for
- Industry regulators and other government organisations, as required by local laws and regulations
- Financial institutions for purposes related to your banking account linked to the Monaco products and services
- Research institutions for market analysis purposes
- Financial institutions for purposes related to your banking account linked to the Atlas products and services
Your information is disclosed to above only for relevant purposes (please refer to those mentioned in this Policy) or to protect the interests of our customers.
In some cases, we encrypt, anonymise and aggregate the information before sharing it.
Anonymising means stripping the information of personally identifiable features. Aggregating means presenting the information in groups or segments, e.g. – age groups.
We will also ensure that overseas organisations we work with observe strict confidentiality and data protection obligations.
Respecting your contact preferences
We may send marketing messages to you if:
a. you have given us consent, OR
b. the sending of such messages is permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
Our marketing messages aim to update you about our exclusive offers, rewards programs, promotions and special deals from our preferred partners and advertisers.
If you wish to continue receiving such messages or to opt out, or withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, you can indicate your preference at any time via the email@example.com email.
Your request will be processed as soon as practical. Please note that after opting out, you may still continue to receive non-marketing messages, such as product updates and service notices as permitted under applicable local laws and regulations.
We may amend or modify this Policy from time to time, such as in response to changes to legislation. We remain committed to safeguarding your information and being open about our data protection practices.
This Policy applies to all Atlas products and services provided by Atlas Network Pte. Ltd., 11 Collyer Quay 314-02, Singapore 049317